This is the book that makes other history of costume books, already in libraries, more easily understood.
- Named to Kirkus Reviews’ BEST BOOKS of 2013
- Family Tree UK named OUR TOP CHOICE
- Finalist, 2014 USA BEST BOOK AWARDS in the Performing Arts/Film & Theater category
- Men, women and children 19th through 21st centuries
- Fascinating gems of social history are woven into stories that illuminate the life and times of each decade
- Hundreds of sequential illustrations reveal the style clues that time-date garments
- Written by an experienced costume designer with an insightful sense of humor making this a surprisingly good read